Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

(Almost) 30 weeks

It's been a while since I've updated this blog, but there hasn't really been news to post.  It's SO hard to believe I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday.  In my first trimester (and even into my second), I was feeling so sick that I was SURE it would take forever to get into my third trimester.  Now I'm there, and I feel like 10 weeks just isn't enough time.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with another ultrasound to measure our baby girl.  Last time, she was 2 pounds, 8 ounces, so I'm excited to see how much she has grown in just three weeks!  Things are going well but I think I've started to feel the third trimester slump that you hear about.  I went through a couple weeks where I had a few days in a row that I'd feel tired, followed by a few days that I felt my energy again.  Lately, however, those days of energy have been non-existent.  (I'm sure our 3 year old running around is not influencing that AT ALL!)

As far as preparations go, her room is painted and the furniture is set up and in place.  The bedding is here and I have "hand-me-down" clothes sorted, but nothing is washed.  I have a plan for what's going up on the walls, but it requires some assistance from my husband so I'm stuck playing the waiting game until the weekend.  I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by all that needs to be done before she arrives, so I started a "to do" list and I feel much better.  Even if everything doesn't get checked off before she's born, it still makes me feel better to know it won't be forgotten!

Much excitement going on around here as our time gets closer and closer.  10 weeks may seem like a long time, but for me...not so much.  OHMY, OHMY, OHMY!!!  I can hardly wait to see what our little one looks like...and I'm wishing we'd paid for one of those 3D ultrasounds to get a sneak peak.  I guess *some* surprises aren't so bad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment